What is PTE Academic?
The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is a computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges and governments around the world. It offers candidates the fastest, fairest and most flexible way of proving their English language proficiency for studying or immigrating abroad.
Why choose PTE Academic?
When it comes to meeting your future goals for study or work abroad, choosing PTE Academic is the wisest move.
- PTE results are typically available in 5 business days.
- Choose the time and place that suits you with test sessions run 360 days a year.
- Approved for all Australian and New Zealand student visa and migration applications.
- Also accepted by thousands of institutions in the UK, USA, Canada, and Ireland.
- The completely computerised test ensures all test takers are scored impartially and accurately.
- A range of PTE books and mock test familiarises students with the exam pattern, making it one of the easiest tests of English to appear for.
- No additional fee for sending scores to multiple universities.
Part 1: Speaking & Writing (77 – 93 Minutes):
- In Part 1 you will be tested on your speaking and writing skills. The time given to this section is 77-93 minutes.
- To assess speaking, your skills will be tested by your ability to produce spoken English in an academic environment.
- The writing section will require you to write responses in academic English using correct grammar and spelling.
Part 2: Reading (32 – 40 Minutes):
In Part 2 you will be tested on your reading skills. This single timed section contains 15-20 independent and integrated skills items, depending on the combination of items in a given test. Different response formats, including multiple-choice, re-order paragraphs, and fill in the blanks, are designed to test your ability to read, write and listen to information provided in English. Because PTE Academic is an integrated skill test, one item type in this part of the test also assesses writing skills.
Part 3: Listening (45 – 57 Minutes):
Part 3 consists of questions that are based on audio or video clips which begin to play automatically. You hear each audio or video clip only once so listen carefully. You are allowed to take notes.
For each question you have the opportunity to adjust the volume. While the audio clip is playing, move the control bar to the right to increase the volume or to the left to decrease the volume.
PTE Exam Pattern:
Unlike other English language proficiency tests, PTE Academic consists of a single 3-hour test session which includes three sections: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choices through to essay writing and interpreting information.
A Head Start On The Test:
Maximize your chances to succeed with the PTE mock test. The practice tests familiarise the test takers to the exam format, also giving an indication of the expected actual PTE result, so the test takers can better focus on their weaknesses to further improve on them.
That’s not all, test takers can also avail the range of official PTE books that provides a comprehensive information about the test, over 200 practice tasks on CD-ROM, analysis of sample answers, test-taking tips and more to help test takers get the best possible PTE result.